Graduating Into Debt: Results of the Nebraska Student Loan Survey
This report, published in August 2000, is a collaboration with the National Student Loan Program. It describe the demographics of the student borrower population, how the population was selected, the outcome of the survey, and recommendations and conclusions based on the survey results. The report will also present information that, while perhaps not bearing directly on the issues of over-reliance on student loans or deferment of life decisions, should be of interest to the reader, such as the percentage of respondents who worked while attending college.
- Executive summary
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Population, sample, and respondents
- Chapter 3: How burdensome is educational debt to Nebraska's students?
- Chapter 4: Does educational borrowing affect Nebraska's opportunity to retain its college-educated citizens?
- Chapter 5: Conclusions and recommendations
- Appendix A: Survey methodology
- Appendix B: Comparison of national student loan survey to the Nebraska student loan survey
- Appendix C: Tables