ACE Plus Scholarship Program
The ACE Plus Scholarship is available to full-time college students who received an Access College Early (ACE) Scholarship in high school. The ACE Plus Scholarship provides a $500 scholarship for the first year a student attends college full time and a $1,000 scholarship for the second year.
The application period for the 2013-2014 academic year has ended. Please check back in spring 2014 for more information on the application date for the 2014-2015 academic year.
To be eligible for the first year award, a student must:
- Have received a Nebraska ACE scholarship;
- Have received a grade point average of 2.0 or better on a 4.0 scale for all completed ACE-funded courses taken while in high school; and
- Enroll in a postsecondary educational institution as a full-time student.
To be eligible for the second-year award, a student must:
- Meet all the requirements for a first-time award (above);
- Have received a grade point average of 2.0 or better on a 4.0 scale during the first year of college;
- Have an unofficial transcript available for upload during the application process.
The scholarship may be used at any accredited institution in the United States. It will be paid directly to the attending institution and applied to the studentís total educational expenses.
Scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis until all funds are expended.
The ACE Plus Scholarship Program was developed by Nebraskaís Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education to encourage former ACE students to attend college full time. It is funded by the federal College Access Challenge Grant.
For more information, please contact Ben Civic at 402-471-0026 or Ben.Civic@Nebraska.gov.